What is AFM? AFM® stands for Activated Filter Material, a revolutionary filter media made from green glass developed and manufactured by Dryden Aqua.
AFM® exceeds the performance of quartz and glass sand by filtering about 30 % more organics.
AFM® is bio-resistant and self-sterilising whichmeans no biofilm is formed in the filter bed.
This important feature makes the pool systemhealthier, ecological and more economical.
AFM® has successfully been used in over 100,000public and private swimming pools worldwide.
AFM® is manufactured under ISO 9001-2008 standards and is a filter material certified under European standards for swimming pools and drinkingwater, NSF50 and NSF61.
AFM® is a registered trademark and is exclusivelymade by Dryden Aqua.
The patented 3 step manufacturing process electrically charges the surface of every grain to produce a filter media that is chemically and electro-mechanically active.
Stops bacteria adhesion, growth and Bio-film formation
- Generates Oxidation Potential at the grain surface
- Self sterilizing, Bio-resistant
- Drastically reduces tri-chloramines formed in the filter
- Electrostatically Adsorbs Organics and fine particles
- Particles never touch the grain surface
- 300 X more active surface area than sand
- Improved filtration – Improved backwash